Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wasted Time

I hate it when I have to pull a project out because of the precious time wasted on it. The anklet socks did not work. When I was halfway down the foot I tried them on Tessa and I couldn't even get them on. They were too stiff. I thought because they were so thick that they would be extra cuddily warm, but they were so tight that they stood alone. I had to get her to help me rewind the balls because the mohair stuck to the wool. I like the pattern, and will do them again when I have leftover worsted weight.

So with the leftover Brigge & Little Regal Forest Brown, and the leftover Galway Paint from my Propello Hat I am making the Sea Star from Amigurumi Knits by Hansi Singh. I know that I have enough yarn for this. Between last night and this morning I have completed two arms. I am not sure if I should be slipping all my stitches knitwise or purlwise, but it seems to look better when I slip them knitwise. I checked in the Ravelry forums to see if anyone else had the same question with no luck.

It is a wet and chilly Halloween day, but by tonight I hope it drys up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment