Thursday, November 25, 2010

Noro Kureyon Socks



I just finished another pair of socks with Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn. These socks seemed to take me forever. I started them Aug 18/09, and just finished them a couple of days ago. Why did they take me so long? They took me so long because I knew that they were the wrong match of pattern and yarn choice. I love the pattern. It was the Waterfall Rib from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks. I love this book. If you could only have one sock book in your library this is it. You would never run out of different socks to make for the rest of your life with this book. I also love Noro sock yarn. Even though I get frustrated with the tangling and knotting of the yarn as you knit (with all the time I wasted untangling the yarn I could have made another pair of socks) the colorways can not be beat. But this yarn is so beautiful it got lost in the lace pattern. A simple rib or chevron pattern would showcase the yarn better. And the pattern would be better suited to a solid or semi solid colored yarn to highlight the lace. I knew all of this but I continued to knit. I should have pulled it out, but the stubborn streak in me hates the thought of starting over so I continued to knit. The construction of the socks is perfect, and I will wear them a lot, but I will always prefer looking at the bottom of them, the plain knit part, which shows the beautiful Noro color changes to the best of their advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment